More LGBTQ couples are seeking family law assistance to resolve legal matters in a separation or divorce. In cases where a LGBTQ couple is unmarried, navigating property division or parenting matters can be complicated. It is important to work with an experienced family law attorney to secure your rights.
Family law attorney Ronald L. Bell has significant experience negotiating, mediating and litigating on behalf of traditional and non-traditional families. Attorney Bell offers a number of services to help protect unmarried domestic partners including:
- Drafting property agreements between domestic partners to ensure that property acquired during the relationship is fairly distributed in the event of a separation
- Negotiating a parenting agreement that will allow both parties to continue a relationship with the child if desired
- Assisting LGBTQ or other non-married couples with property division settlements through skilled negotiation
- Drafting powers of attorney of finances and healthcare
- Mediating disagreements outside of court, finding consensus while reducing costs
Unmarried LGBTQ couples need to protect their rights to property and have their rights regarding parentage secured. It is important to work with a family law attorney that is experienced with defending LGBTQ family law rights. Contact Ronald L Bell & Associates PC today for answers to your LGBTQ family law questions at 847-495-6000.